☆ NintendObs Weekly – Monday, February 9, 2015 – Sunday, February 15, 2015.
Version française ici : Les consoles New Nintendo 3DS et New Nintendo 3DS XL sortiront le 13 février aux côtés de nouveaux packs et jeux ainsi que des thèmes gratuits. 😉
9th February 2015 – While Friday 13th is considered by many to be a day shrouded in superstition and misfortune, Nintendo is aiming to overturn this notion and bring good fortune to European handheld gaming fans this coming Friday, #Nintendo3DSDay, with a slew of new hardware and software releases.
At a time when the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has now sold over 50 million hardware units globally, the latest additions to the family, New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, make their European debut on Friday 13th February alongside two major software releases: The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and Capcom‘s Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Both titles are playable on all Nintendo 3DS systems, but feature added functionality when experienced on New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, such as super-stable 3D and enhanced camera controls using the C Stick. Two limited edition hardware bundles, New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora’s Mask 3D Edition* and New Nintendo 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition** will also launch on Friday to celebrate these highly-anticipated titles.
Meanwhile, exclusively on Nintendo eShop, IRONFALL Invasion, an intense single-player and six-person local and online multiplayer action-shooter from three talented developers launches alongside familiar faces in Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe. In addition, a free*** video-on-demand streaming service named Nintendo Anime Channel becomes available for download from Nintendo eShop****, featuring anime series from the likes of Kirby, Pokémon, and Inazuma Eleven.
Laurent Fischer, Managing Director, European Marketing & PR at Nintendo of Europe, commented: “We are delighted to be releasing such an extensive Nintendo 3DS hardware and software line-up, and hope this offering demonstrates our commitment to providing the best and most varied gameplay experiences possible for handheld gaming fans.”
Nintendo’s releases for #Nintendo3DSDay, Friday 13th February, in full:
- New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora’s Mask 3D Edition*: A limited edition hardware bundle that includes a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and a New Nintendo 3DS XL system covered in artwork inspired by the game.
- New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL: The latest additions to the Nintendo 3DS family feature new control options, face-tracking 3D technology, built-in amiibo functionality, and enhanced processing power. New Nintendo 3DS is compact and light, with a screen 1.2 times bigger than the original Nintendo 3DS and has the option of extra customisation using replaceable cover plates. New Nintendo 3DS XL boasts a luxury look and a 4.88 inch screen for even more dynamic and immersive gameplay.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D: The handheld remake of the beloved, dark and twisted Nintendo 64 game launches exclusively for Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D Special Edition: A limited edition software offering which includes a copy of the game in its standalone packaging, a specially-designed SteelBook™, a pin badge and a double-sided poster.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: As players explore the world of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, they will face off against many ferocious enemies with up to three other friends locally or, for the first time on Nintendo 3DS, online using a wireless broadband internet connection. Ahead of launch day fans should check out Nintendo eShop and get their hands on the demo, to brush up their skills ready for the battle ahead.
- New Nintendo 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition**: A limited edition hardware bundle that includes a copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and a New Nintendo 3DS XL system with an iconic emblem from the game on its cover.
- IRONFALL Invasion: A three-year project by independent developers VD-DEV, IRONFALL Invasion brings fast-paced single-player and six-person local & online multiplayer shooting action, with the gameplay perfectly suited for using the C Stick of New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Kirby Fighters Deluxe: Based on the popular battle mode in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, this standalone four-player battle action game contains expanded gameplay, new arenas and the ability to play as a team.
- Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe: Bounce to the beat of catchy Kirby tunes playing as Kirby’s long-time rival King Dedede. This standalone rhythm action game includes content not found in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, including all-new stages and new obstacles.
- ACE COMBAT™ ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY +: Play as the legendary pilot Phoenix and control fighter jets that exist in real-life. The game includes compatibility with the New Nintendo 3DS system’s C Stick and ZR/ZL buttons for total control, while certain amiibo unlock aircraft skins themed after characters like Captain Falcon, Samus, Bowser and more.
- Nintendo Anime Channel: A new video-on-demand service offering fans the chance to stream anime series from the likes of Pokémon, Kirby, and Inazuma Eleven, with new content being added regularly. Access to the service is granted simply by downloading a free*** application from Nintendo eShop****.
- New Themes for Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu: Fans looking to spruce up their HOME Menu with a new theme are in luck! New Basic and Simple Colour Set themes can be downloaded for free from the Theme Shop, which can be accessed through the HOME Menu settings on your Nintendo 3DS family system. Those who purchase either The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate or ACE COMBAT™ ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY + from Nintendo eShop will receive a free bonus theme download*****, with additional themes also available for purchase.
The fun doesn’t end on when the sun sets on Friday 13th February – #Nintendo3DSDay – though. More high-profile handheld games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems are scheduled for release in the coming weeks and months. These include: Pokémon Shuffle (launching in February), Cooking Mama: Bon Appétit! (6th March), Gardening Mama: Forest Friends (6th March), Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (20th March), Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones: Wildfire and Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones: Thunderflash (27th March) Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (2nd April), Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (15th May), and Puzzle & Dragons Z and Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (May).
— Nintendo UK News
Source: Nintendo UK.
…Wanna play? Buy a 3DS.
And if you’ve already got yours, here are all the games already available on the platform. 😀