☆ NintendObs Weekly – Monday, November 26, 2018 – Sunday, December 2, 2018.
V6.31 PATCH NOTES
Drop into the fun in a brand new Limited Time Mode or pump it up with new rarities for the Pump Shotgun. Deploy R.O.S.I.E with the latest Constructor to make their debut and Canny Valley Act 2 arrives!
Team Rumble LTM (Battle Royale)
Are you ready to Rumble? Be the first team to eliminate 100 enemies to earn a Victory Royale in this Limited Time Mode.
Epic & Legendary Pump Shotgun (Battle Royale)
Discover new rarities for the Pump Shotgun and burst down enemies with these powerful new rarities.
New Constructor (Save the World)
Airheart arrives and has brought a friend! Place the Rotating Omni-directional Sentry Integrated Exoskeleton (R.O.S.I.E.) for you or allies to rain down lead onto incoming enemies!
Six Feet Under Shovel (Save the World)
Bury your fears and dig graves for your enemies with the newest melee weapon available! Even Husks deserve a proper burial.
Canny Valley Act 2 (Save the World)
Uncover treasures and explore mysteries in the long-awaited Canny Valley Act 2! Party up with your favorite Heroes and jump into the adventure now!
- Fixed an issue where controller input would become unresponsive when trying to send a whisper to a friend.
- Fixed a crash on PS4 that happened when attempting to manually leave a party while in the process of joining another party.
LIMITED TIME MODE: TEAM RUMBLE
Two large teams fight for the Victory Royale in an action-packed mode where the first team to get 100 eliminations wins!
- Two teams of 20 players.
- Players will respawn after 5 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a random type of ammo upon elimination, as well as a random stack of either 120 Wood, 90 Stone, or 60 Metal materials.
- Only Uncommon weapons (or better) are available.
- The first team to 100 eliminations wins.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- New Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun
- 105 / 110 maximum damage
- Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Shotguns will now always apply at least 3 pellets worth of damage if only 1-2 pellets hit the target.
- NOTE: Bonus pellets can never be critical hits.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage and fall-off changes.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage increased from 80 / 85 to 95 / 100
- Pump shotguns will do higher damage in shorter range buckets but damage falls off quicker. This means you’ll do more damage to closer targets but less damage to farther targets.
- Added Stink Bombs to Supply Drops
- Removed Double Barrel Shotguns from floor loot
- Mounted Turret
- Adjusted Mounted Turret collision to make it easier to land shots against anyone occupying it.
- Removed the ability to repair the Mounted Turret
- Fixed players being able to clip into turret barrels and get stuck.
- Supply drops will automatically open if landing on a Mounted Turret
- Drop rate reduced from 1.719% to 0.915%
- The Mounted Turret can no longer fire through its own floor.
- Fixed an issue with players not having an audio cue while gliding after respawning.
- Fixed an issue with Chiller effects not applying properly to players’ feet.
- Reduced the in-air speed when using the Glider Redeploy feature in supported game modes.
- Added functionality that allows the placement of map markers in the world without needing to go into the fullscreen map.
- You’ll be able to look at a position in the world and use the “Place Marker” keybind to place a map marker. This command will only be available by default while in Combat Mode.
- This command is defaulted to Left on the D-pad for controllers and the Middle Mouse button for PC and Mac.
- For Mobile players, this command will be bound to an optional button in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Added the ability to pick up and throw back Dynamite with a lit fuse.
- To throw the Dynamite with a lit fuse, get near it and use the interact key.
- Increased the Dynamite explosion height against players from 192 units to 300 units.
- This was done to prevent players from being able to jump over the explosion area on flat ground without taking damage.
- New Tournament: Alchemist Pop-Up Cup
- Pop-Up Cups are tournaments testing temporary, Limited Time Modes. Alchemist will continue our testing of several gameplay adjustments and may differ day to day.
- Initial Mode Settings:
- A material cap of 500 Wood, 500 Stone, 500 Metal
- Harvesting Rate Increased by 40%
- +50 Health on Eliminations
- Storm Surge
- If a certain amount of players are remaining by the time the Storm finishes closing, a Storm Surge will activate. This periodically deals damage to players who have the least amount of damage dealt during the match.
- Circle 1: 60 Players Remaining
- Circle 2: 44 Players Remaining
- Circle 3: 30 Players Remaining
- Circle 4: 20 Players Remaining
- Circle 5: 16 Players Remaining
- Circle 6: 14 Players Remaining
- Circle 7: 12 Players Remaining
- Circle 8: 6 Players Remaining
- Circle 9: 2 Players Remaining
- Your highest score or pin during any event session will now be displayed on the tournament poster in the Events tab.
- Pins will now reflect tournament colors on the Event Details screen.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive points during warmup island which would be later removed.
- Improvements to level streaming performance on Xbox One and Switch (improving building load times during skydiving)
- Player in-air falling audio cue volume has been increased.
- The Mounted Turret overheat audio loop volume has been reduced.
- Fixed an issue where the Glider in-air audio cue wouldn’t play for players who glide in after respawning.
We’re excited to announce that for a limited time we’ll be offering Gifting with the release of our v6.31 update! This initial gifting period will last one week after the release of the update.
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that occasionally occurred when logging in for the first time.
ART + ANIMATION
- Fixed an issue where player nameplates disappear after scrubbing a replay.
- 60 FPS is now available on the following devices:
- Iphone XS
- Iphone XS Max
- Iphone XR
- Map Marker button added to the HUD Layout Tool
Source: Epic Games.
…Wanna play? Buy a Switch.
And if you’ve already got yours, click on Fortnite for everything you need to know about the game. 😀