Two updates have come to Alrest today, and they both bring exciting content for Drivers everywhere. Here is what’s in each update.
Free update (Version 1.3.0)
A more difficult mode, New Game Plus, has been added to the game:
- Bonding with certain Blades from Torna will allow them to join your party.
- Meeting certain Blades from Torna in the game world will allow them to join your party.
- All Blades can be dispatched on Merc Missions.
- Driver Hidden Affinities have been unlocked. New skills can also be learned.
- Zeke’s “Eye of Shining Justice” has been unlocked. (The skill can be learned by developing Zeke’s Hidden Affinities)
- Levels can now be decreased at inns, with a corresponding amount of bonus EXP being granted for the number of levels decreased.
- Traveling Bards that will exchange Bonus EXP and special items have been added to various locations throughout Alrest.
- Added a “simple mode” option allowing players to skip the lottery animation when bonding with Blades.
- Added the ability to “lock” Blades so that they can’t be mistakenly released.
- Added a “Sort” option to the Blade List, Accessories, Aux Cores, and Poppy’s Skill Parts.
- Map icons will now appear on the mini map.
This update is available to owners of the Xenoblade Chronicles™ 2 game for free. To check if you have the update, please select the game’s icon on the HOME Menu, press the + Button, and select Software Update.*
Of course, more DLC was also released today as part of the Expansion Pass (sold separately).
Helpful Items Pack 4
- Upgrade parts for Poppi 2: 30,000 ether
- Driver Essentials Set 3: Legendary Core Crystal (x8), Overdrive Protocol (x3)
By purchasing the Expansion Pass, you’ll get instant access to the new content, past DLC content, and future DLC content (including a brand-new story in fall 2018).
— Nintendo What’s New
…Wanna play? Buy a Switch.
And if you’ve already got yours, click on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for everything you need to know about the game. 😀