Get 30% off one of select quality titles during your birthday month. We’re talking games like Xenoblade X and Bravely Second.
☆ NintendObs Weekly – Monday, October 17, 2016 – Sunday, October 23, 2016.
Make the most of your birthday with a special offer from Nintendo!
Get a discount on a selected game with birthday offers!
Version française ici : Fêtez votre anniversaire avec une offre spéciale de la part de Nintendo ! 😉
There’s one more reason to look forward to your birthday with a special offer from Nintendo, Just for You!
From October 2016, all owners of a Nintendo Account who have chosen to receive promotional emails from Nintendo and have linked their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID can receive a birthday offer from Nintendo!
With this birthday offer, you can get a discount of 30% on one of a selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games from Nintendo eShop! If you’re eligible for the birthday offer, you’ll receive an email from us at the start of your birthday month, allowing you to use it right away!
You can then choose to buy your selected title directly via the Nintendo website*, or you can check the titles and make your selection from the Just for You section in Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS family system or Wii U.
Wii U titles to choose from:
Nintendo 3DS titles to choose from:
The listed titles are included in the birthday offer as of October 2016. The selection of titles is updated regularly.
How can I receive a birthday offer?
To receive the offer within your birthday month, according to the birthday setting of your Nintendo Account, and take advantage of it, you must meet the following requirements:
- You’ll need a Nintendo Account** and a Nintendo Network ID***
- The Nintendo Account will need to be linked to the Nintendo Network ID
- You’ll need to have visited Nintendo eShop using the same Nintendo Network ID on your Nintendo 3DS family system and/or Wii U
- You’ll need to be subscribed to promotional emails from Nintendo on your Nintendo Account
Please note: if the requirements are not already fulfilled at the beginning of your birthday month, and are only fulfilled during your birthday month, it may take up to 2 days after completion of these steps for the offer to be delivered via email. To receive a birthday offer during your birthday month, you must have completed these steps by the last day of your birthday month. The offer is valid until the 5th of the following month.
What do I need to do?
Not sure how to fulfil all the conditions? Take a look below to find out how to create a Nintendo Account, Nintendo Network ID, link your accounts and opt-in to promotional emails.
How to create a Nintendo Account
- Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/register and create an account by following the on-screen instructions**.
- If you already have a Nintendo Network ID and create a Nintendo Account using it, your newly created Nintendo Account and your Nintendo Network ID will be linked automatically.
How to create a Nintendo Network ID
The steps to creating a Nintendo Network ID differ depending on the device you are using***. Please visit our Support section to learn more.
How to link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account
- While signed in with your Nintendo Account, select “Linked Accounts” in the Nintendo Account settings page (https://accounts.nintendo.com/federation).
- Select “Nintendo Network ID” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the accounts are linked, the status will change from “Not linked” to “Linked”.
How to opt-in to receive the emails from Nintendo
- While signed in with your Nintendo Account, select “Promotional Emails” in the Nintendo Account settings page (https://accounts.nintendo.com/email/opt_in).
- Next, set your Nintendo Account Promotional Email preferences to “Receive from Nintendo”.
— Nintendo UK News
Source: Nintendo UK.
…Wanna play? Buy a Wii U.
And if you’ve already got yours, here are all the games already available on the platform. 😀